Risotto is a good and simple staple to have in your recipe repertoire. Ready in 30 minutes or less.
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio or sushi rice
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer.
2. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and rice and cook, stirring, until rice is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring constantly until almost all the broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is al dente, about 20 minutes; add hot water if you need more liquid. About 5 minutes before rice is done, add asparagus, butter, and parmesan and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp.