A Wagshal’s favorite since 1925 — soon to be one of your favorites.
Wagshal’s Shrimp and Crab Casserole
Yield: 10-12 portions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/3 cups mayo
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 2/3 cups slivered almonds (toasted)
- 2/3 cups green/red bell pepper diced
- 2/3 cups onion-chopped
- 1.50 lbs jumbo lump crab meat
- 2.0 lbs large shrimp – steamed P&D tail off
- .40 lbs crushed cracker crumbs
- .40 lbs melted butter
Mix all ingredients – except cracker crumbs and butter. Place into buttered backing dish. Mix crumbs and melted butter. Top each casserole with mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 until heated through. About 30-45 minutes.